[mou] Wood Lake Nature Center, "21" species of Warblers..

Conny Brunell connyb@mycidco.com
Tue, 17 May 2005 10:22:45

This morning at Wood Lake Nature Center in Richfield, Hennepin County I birded with Howard Towle and we had a great early morning enjoying "21" species of Warblers.  New arrivals in the park for me were the Bay-breasted, Canada, and Mourning with high numbers of Wilson's, Black-throated Green, and Chestnut-sided moving through.

There were more Swainson's Thrushes than I have ever seen in one day with easily 40+ with Veery's and Gray-cheeked out on the paths.  I also enjoyed my first Philadelphia Vireo which have been slow coming this Spring.  There is still a good variety of Sparrows utilizing the gravel paths.

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty
connyb@mycidco.com