[mou] long-tailed ducks-Lutsen, Cook county

Paul E. Wicklund wickl002@tc.umn.edu
Tue, 17 May 2005 23:54:10 -0500

We've just returned from a long weekend at our cabin at Lutsen. There
was a flock of 20+ long-tailed ducks on Lake Superior Friday through
Monday! One male was beautiful in its winter whites!   Interesting to
see the Tveekrem's report of white-throated  and white-crowned sparrows,
because we didn't see either of those species. We also had a male Cape
May warbler, and a hummingbird showed up Monday. We were pleased to hear
an eastern phoebe this morning--may they nest near by!
Jan Wicklund