[mou] Snowy Egret -Olmsted County

Paul Pedersen ppedersen6@charter.net
Thu, 19 May 2005 21:47:24 -0500

I drove by the wetland near the new Baptist church on Salem Road SW of Rochester at 9:30 AM this morning and saw 3 Egrets. 2 were Great Egrets, one looked different. A minute after I stopped to get the scope out, the first 2 flew off towards the NE and out of view.

The one remaining stayed a short time and allowed me to see the black legs, yellow feet and black bill of a Snowy Egret. It flew, then landed on the east end of the wetland. Then it flew again in the same general direction of the other Egrets gaining altitude and flying out of sight. It was not refound anywhere today.

Paul Pedersen
Stewartville, MN