[mou] Swede Lake,Sherburne and Sand Dunes State forest

Howard Cutter howardcutter@yahoo.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 08:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1263574772-1116775194=:39391

My wife and I got the chance to go to Sherburne NWR yesterday. We sighted 41 birds 29 at Sherburne NWR.
One the way up Marge and I stopped at Swede Lake on Caver county 10 and watched the American Whie Pelicans.Three great Blues were nearby as well as a Great egert in breeding plumage.At Sherburne we did the wildlife Drive twice and drove lenght of 5 thru refuge and made a side trip down headquarters road.A neat spot on Rt 5 was a Barred owl flying across the field.Highlights of Wildlife Drive wereNorthen Harrier near Prairie trail.,Green heron perched in a tree just before  Bergerson,pool.a Common Loon nesting in morning  then swimming on second trip after 6pm and hearing its call.Bald Eagle was on its nest then flying later.Eastern King Birds were all over.Got to see the Sandhill Cranes in morning flying and calling.Saw 3 Trumpter Swans on both trips thru.Twice a single Swan at pool between  Bohm and Bergerson pools.In afternoon a pair in Stickney pools.Black Terns  were also seen on both trips  flying all around Nelson pool . They were a life lister for us.In the afternoon w
 spotted a common nighthawk lying on a limb near Little Bluestem pool and also saw Black bellied Plovers flying around School House pool.Saw over 10 Yellow headed Blackbirds most of them in march between two halfs of Stickney pool.Once you hear there call you will never foret it. We walked the forest trail out of the wind and saw a Red headed woodpecker heard a ton of birds but could not see them.
Beween our two trips around wildlife drive we did some birding at Sand Dunes State forest off 5 south of refuge.
Got a life lister there Lark sparrow pair also H.O. Eastern Tohee saw a Red tail hawk perched and saw American Goldfinch.
A great day birding!

---------------------------------
Discover Yahoo!
--0-1263574772-1116775194=:39391

<DIV><FONT size=3>My wife and I got the chance to go to Sherburne NWR yesterday. We sighted 41 birds 29 at Sherburne NWR.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>One the way up Marge and I stopped at Swede Lake on Caver county 10 and watched the American Whie Pelicans.Three great Blues were nearby as well as a Great egert in breeding plumage.At Sherburne we did the wildlife Drive twice and drove lenght of 5 thru refuge and made a side trip down headquarters road.A neat spot on Rt 5 was a Barred owl flying across the field.Highlights of Wildlife Drive wereNorthen Harrier near Prairie trail.,Green heron perched in a tree just before&nbsp; Bergerson,pool.a Common Loon nesting in morning &nbsp;then swimming on second trip after 6pm and hearing its call.Bald Eagle was on its nest then flying later.Eastern King Birds were all over.Got to see the Sandhill Cranes in morning flying and calling.Saw 3 Trumpter Swans on both trips thru.Twice a single Swan at pool between&nbsp; Bohm and Bergerson pools.In afternoon a pair in Stickney pools.Black Terns&nbsp; were also seen on both trips&nbsp; flying all around Nelson pool&nbsp;. T
 hey were
 a</FONT><FONT size=3>&nbsp;life lister for us.In the afternoon we spotted a common nighthawk lying on a limb near Little Bluestem pool&nbsp;and also saw Black bellied Plovers flying around School House pool.Saw over 10 Yellow headed Blackbirds most of them in march between two halfs of Stickney pool.Once you hear there call you will never foret it. We walked the forest trail out of the wind and saw a Red headed woodpecker heard a ton of birds but could not see them.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>Beween our two trips around wildlife drive we did some birding at Sand Dunes State forest off 5 south of refuge.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>Got a life lister there Lark sparrow pair also H.O. Eastern Tohee saw a Red tail hawk perched and saw American Goldfinch.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3>A great day birding!</FONT></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Discover Yahoo!<br>
Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM & more. <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=32660/*http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html">Check it out!</a>
--0-1263574772-1116775194=:39391--