[mou] Say's Phoebe details

sparky stensaas sparkystensaas@hotmail.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 16:24:39 +0000

Saturday May 21
Felton Prairie 8:30 am

While watching the lone Rock Wren sing his little heart out on Rock Pile
#6002, a Say's Phoebe flew in front of me and perched. It continued hawking
insects and moving to the south. I got a few photos but could not relocate
the bird. The wind was blowing about 35 mph. This is likely one of the two
that were discovered here last week.

This is the sighting referred to by Dedrick Benz yesterday.

Today, Sunday, Denny and Barb Martin, Bob Janssen and their Detroit Lakes
Festival of Birds field trip will be going to Felton. I'm sure they will
post if the bird is refound (again!).

>From the town of Felton in Clay County go 2 miles S to CR108. At the E
terminus go left (N) a short ways to a drive on the right that drops down
into a gravel pit with 2 piles of large rocks (piles #6006 & 6002).

Sparky Stensaas
Wrenshall, MN