[mou] More phoebe/wren details

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Sun, 22 May 2005 18:40:29 +0000

I know my post yesterday didn't have a lot of details, because I didn't have
a lot of details, and wanted to jump for the phoebe before dark.

Chris Hockema and I (with help from Bob O'Connor) had both birds just east
of the 2 'famed' rock piles Sat. evening.  Piles 6001, 6003, and Turner also
had both birds.  Interestingly, the wren and the phoebe, were often seen in
close proximity.  We even had both birds in the same field of view!  Both
birds were vocalizing.  Both birds were always within the confines of the
pit, or just on the rim of the pit.  They both would perch on rocks, rock
piles, the ground, and the phoebe was sometimes seen in a tree along the
eastern rim near the NE corner of the pit.  So, if you get antsy sitting at
6002 and 6005, you may be rewarded by meandering a bit.  Radios may be a
good idea.

Good luck!

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN