[mou] Cattle Egrets - Rice County

Dave screechowl@charter.net
Sat, 28 May 2005 13:17:46 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C56387.A3657FC0

Hello my peeps!
  Forest Strnad and I found 4 Cattle Egrets today near Cedar Lake, west =
of Faribault. There is a large Elk farm there along the south side of =
the lake and they were in with the Elk. Directions to the spot as =
follows: From highway 35, take the highway 60 west to county road 12, =
which is to the right. Just past the bridge, take a right, which is =
still CR 12, and follow this to the elk farm, which will be on your =
left. This is after Gonvick Avenue, but before Halstad Avenue. There =
were 3 birds on the ground among the elk and one on a fencepost, =
preening. All were within binocular range, with fantastic views through =
the scope. Forest and I viewed the birds around 10 - 10:30.

  Other birds of interest seen today were Cerulean Warbler, Acadian =
Flycatcher (both singing), Red-headed Woodpecker, and Olive-sided =
Flycatcher.=20

  The Marbled Godwit, seen by Forest on Thursday, was no longer present, =
but there were a few Dunlin there today, along with some Lesser =
Yellowlegs and Least Sandpipers.

  If you have any questions or need further directions, feel free to =
e-mail me.

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault, MN
screechowl@charter.net
------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C56387.A3657FC0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello my peeps!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Forest Strnad and I found 4 =
Cattle Egrets=20
today near Cedar Lake, west of Faribault. There is a large Elk farm =
there along=20
the south side of the lake and they were in with the Elk. Directions to =
the spot=20
as follows: From highway 35, take the highway 60 west to county road 12, =
which=20
is to the right. Just past the bridge, take a right, which is still CR =
12, and=20
follow this to the elk farm, which will be on your left. This is after =
Gonvick=20
Avenue, but before Halstad Avenue. There were 3 birds on the ground =
among the=20
elk and one on a fencepost, preening. All were within binocular range, =
with=20
fantastic views through the scope. Forest and I viewed the birds around =
10 -=20
10:30.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; Other birds of interest seen =
today were=20
Cerulean Warbler, Acadian Flycatcher (both singing), Red-headed =
Woodpecker, and=20
Olive-sided Flycatcher. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; The Marbled Godwit, seen by =
Forest on=20
Thursday, was no longer present, but there were a few Dunlin there =
today, along=20
with some Lesser Yellowlegs and Least Sandpipers.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; If you have any questions or =
need further=20
directions, feel free to e-mail me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dave Bartkey</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Faribault, MN</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:screechowl@charter.net">screechowl@charter.net</A>=20
</FONT></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C56387.A3657FC0--