[mou] another Lake Co. Snowy Owl

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Fri, 25 Nov 2005 22:55:07 -0600

This afternoon Sharon and I found a Snowy Owl along Lake County Road
3, 3.4 miles west of CR 4, or about a mile east of the Silver Bay
airport.  We were unable to relocate the Snowy Owl at the Northshore
Mining property on Highway 61, found by Bob Myers today.  At dusk we
took Forest Highway 11 from Silver Bay to Toimi, then south through
Brimson and back to Two Harbors, but didn't see any owls.

There are still two Red-necked Grebes, a Horned Grebe, and a Common
Loon at Agate Bay in Two Harbors.  A flock of about 50 Bohemian
Waxwings and 40 Cedar Waxwings was seen at South Avenue and 3rd
Street for most of the day.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors