[mou] A Thankyou and RequestImprovement Inputs

Ron Green rongreen@charter.net
Sat, 26 Nov 2005 07:08:09 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0895_01C5F258.2801D620

First, I want to express my thanks to both members of MNBIRD and MOU. As =
many of you know, my primary focus is on nature photography, with a =
strong emphasis on birds, especially raptors. Because much of what I =
have found and photographed is a direct result of your inputs, I have =
felt it was also important to share those images I obtained with you. =
And your response has been, over the course of the last 1-1/2 years, =
overwhelming in terms of very being very positive and encouraging. =
Almost on a daily basis I receive emails from many of you thanking me =
for sharing my images and complimenting me on their quality. I will =
admit that I know many photographers out there, both professional and =
amateur, who produce excellent images that mine would at best stand in =
their shadows. So all of the feedback from you has not only been =
encouraging, but as equally humbling. And, I am very thankful and =
appreciative of all of it. It has been instrumental in promoting my =
growth as a photographer, a neophyte birder, and most importantly, the =
role my work can play in promoting conservation. Not to long ago I was =
contacted by an editor of a national nature photography magazine to =
submit an article on my Puffin images from my visit to Machias Seal =
Island last Spring while in Maine. They are also very interest in my =
idea of one which promotes image benevolence among photographers for =
educational purposes. I am excited about both opportunities.

Secondly, my other purpose of this email is to solicit feedback (the =
type I can use for improvement) on both my site and photographic work. I =
not only covet your feedback for encouragement, but also continuous =
improvement. I realize that many of you are very busy, but for those =
that have the time and interest, I would like to hear your inputs on how =
I might improve both my site and what I put on it? I am in the process =
of considering revamping it in terms of structure and look, as well as =
improving ease of use. So if you have any suggestions, I would love to =
hear them. Also, I am interested in hearing your thoughts on where you =
think I could use improvement photographically. My goals when I shoot =
are to produce images that are not only esthetically pleasing, but =
technically of value as well. That means they must show sharp detail and =
convey useful information. Are you seeing that? If not, what is missing? =
So if you have positive criticism to offer, I would appreciate hearing =
from you.

Thank you again for time and willingness to consider this request. Have =
a great weekend and good birding.

Ron Green
http://www.greensphotoimages.com/gallery
------=_NextPart_000_0895_01C5F258.2801D620

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>First, I want to express my thanks to =
both members=20
of MNBIRD and MOU. As many of you know,&nbsp;my=20
primary&nbsp;focus&nbsp;is&nbsp;on nature photography, with a strong =
emphasis on=20
birds, especially raptors. Because much of what I have found=20
and&nbsp;photographed is a direct result of your inputs,&nbsp;I have=20
felt&nbsp;it was&nbsp;also important to share those&nbsp;images I =
obtained with=20
you. And your response has been,&nbsp;over the course of the last 1-1/2=20
years,&nbsp;overwhelming in terms of&nbsp;very being very=20
positive&nbsp;and&nbsp;encouraging. Almost on a daily basis=20
I&nbsp;receive&nbsp;emails from many of you thanking me for=20
sharing&nbsp;my&nbsp;images and&nbsp;complimenting me on their =
quality.&nbsp;I=20
will admit that I know many photographers out there, both professional =
and=20
amateur, who produce excellent&nbsp;images that mine would at best stand =
in=20
their shadows. So all of&nbsp;the feedback from you has not only=20
been&nbsp;encouraging, but as equally humbling. And,&nbsp;I am very =
thankful and=20
appreciative of all of it.&nbsp;It&nbsp;has=20
been&nbsp;instrumental&nbsp;in&nbsp;promoting my growth as a =
photographer, a=20
neophyte birder, and most importantly, the role&nbsp;my work&nbsp;can =
play in=20
promoting&nbsp;conservation. Not to long ago I was contacted by an =
editor of a=20
national nature photography magazine to submit an article on my Puffin =
images=20
from my&nbsp;visit to Machias Seal Island last Spring while in Maine. =
They are=20
also very interest in my idea of&nbsp;one which promotes&nbsp;image =
benevolence=20
among photographers for educational purposes. I am excited about both=20
opportunities.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>Secondly, my other&nbsp;purpose of this email is =
to&nbsp;</FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>solicit feedback (the type I can use for =
improvement) on both=20
my site and photographic work. I not only covet your feedback for =
encouragement,=20
but also continuous improvement. I realize that many of you are very =
busy, but=20
for those that have the time and interest, I would like to hear your =
inputs on=20
how I might improve both my site and what I put on it? I am in the =
process of=20
considering revamping it in terms of structure and look, as well as =
improving=20
ease of use. So if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them. =
Also, I=20
am interested in hearing your thoughts on where you think I&nbsp;could =
use=20
improvement&nbsp;photographically.&nbsp;My goals when I shoot are to =
produce=20
images that are not only esthetically pleasing, but technically of value =
as=20
well. That means they must show sharp detail and convey useful=20
information.&nbsp;Are you seeing that? If not, what is missing? So if =
you have=20
positive criticism to offer, I would appreciate hearing=20
from&nbsp;you.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thank you again for time and =
willingness to=20
consider this request. Have a great weekend and good =
birding.</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Ron Green<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.greensphotoimages.com/gallery">http://www.greensphotoi=
mages.com/gallery</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0895_01C5F258.2801D620--