[mou] Photos of the MOU Boat Trip

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sat, 1 Oct 2005 16:46:42 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C5C6A7.B3B6D8F0

I took photos of the boat and the birders.  All you need to do is either =
click on the http:---- below my name or write down the address and enter =
it on your browser and click enter. I have about 20 photos of the trip.

I am like other birder to see the photos of Sabine Gulls and Red-necked =
Phalarope by Scott Meyer.

It was a great trip!  The reason why these boat trips are fun is the =
exploration of what birds are out beyond the horizon on Lake Superior.  =
The Sabine Gulls were at least 1 1/2 miles out from the shores of Park =
Point. There is no way a birder at Lafayette or any advantage points =
good see these birds.  There is a lot to learn about these trips.  By =
the way these boat trips will be a annual event in the Fall Season and =
possibly in the Spring as well.  Captain Rau of the LL Smith was =
wonderful as was his crew!  They chased down the birds for us or turned =
around to get better looks.  Whatever we asked of him he was willing to =
do it. Captain Rau also points out other ships and what this symbol =
means on the haul or on the ship, the currents and other tidbit as well =
of Lake Superior.

LL Smith is most willing to take birders out next Fall Season. We are =
thinking about 2 boat trips in September and two in October.  I would =
also like to do at least 1 trip in the Spring season to view all those =
terns & Bonaparte's gulls  heading north!  The possibilities are there =
for something rare or interesting on a Spring trip as well. =20

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendricfacts he knows about.kson/
------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C5C6A7.B3B6D8F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I took photos of the boat and =
the=20
birders.&nbsp; All you need to do is either click on the http:---- below =
my name=20
or write down the address and enter it on your browser and click enter. =
I have=20
about 20 photos of the trip.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I am like other birder to see =
the photos=20
of Sabine Gulls and Red-necked Phalarope by&nbsp;Scott =
Meyer.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>It was a great trip!&nbsp; =
The reason why=20
these boat trips are fun is the exploration of what birds are out beyond =
the=20
horizon on Lake Superior.&nbsp; The Sabine Gulls were at least 1 1/2 =
miles out=20
from the shores of Park Point. There is no way a birder at Lafayette or =
any=20
advantage points good see these birds.&nbsp; There is a lot to learn =
about these=20
trips.&nbsp; By the way these boat trips will be a annual event in the =
Fall=20
Season and possibly in the Spring as well.&nbsp; Captain Rau of the LL =
Smith was=20
wonderful as was his crew!&nbsp; They chased down the birds for us or =
turned=20
around to get better looks.&nbsp; Whatever we asked of him he was =
willing to do=20
it. Captain Rau also points out other ships and what this symbol means =
on the=20
haul or on the ship, the currents and other tidbit as well of Lake=20
Superior.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>LL Smith is most willing to =
take birders=20
out next Fall Season. We are thinking about 2 boat trips in September =
and two in=20
October.&nbsp; I would also like to do at least 1 trip in the Spring =
season to=20
view all those terns &amp; Bonaparte's gulls &nbsp;heading north!&nbsp; =
The=20
possibilities are there for something rare or interesting on a Spring =
trip as=20
well.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Duluth, =
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding=20
Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendric<FONT=20
color=3D#000000>facts he knows =
about.</FONT>kson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C5C6A7.B3B6D8F0--