[mou] Mucho pipits

James Mattsson mattjim@earthlink.net
Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:56:20 -0500

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Oct 12, 2005
11:30am
Jirik Sod Farms, west side of Blaine Ave., Dakota Co.

I counted a minimum of 400 American Pipits on the ground at one time in just this one field. Every possible plumage variation seemed represented ranging from almost no streaking on breast to heavy bold, black streaking. Some even showed a tinge of pinkish to the othewise dark legs. And yes, I did look them over for a possible Sprague's. This may be the highest count for the eastern portion of Minnesota.  Also present in the remaining puddles in this field were 8 Semipalmated Sandpipers.

Jim
Eagan
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Oct 12, 2005</DIV>
<DIV>11:30am</DIV>
<DIV>Jirik Sod Farms, west side of Blaine Ave., Dakota Co. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I counted a minimum of 400 American Pipits on the ground at one time in just this one field. Every possible plumage variation seemed represented ranging from almost no streaking on breast to heavy bold, black streaking. Some even showed a tinge of pinkish to the othewise dark legs. And yes, I did look them over for a possible Sprague's. This may be the highest count for the eastern portion of Minnesota.&nbsp; Also present in the remaining puddles in this field were 8 Semipalmated Sandpipers. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim</DIV>
<DIV>Eagan</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>