[mou] Sabine's Gull in Grand Marais

John Green jgreen@d.umn.edu
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 17:30:15 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

I ran into Chris Benson at Taconite Harbor this afternoon.  He was coming
back from Grand Marais but would not be home until Monday.  So he asked me
to post his observation, today, of a Sabine's Gull in the Grand Marais
harbor near the trading post and the east side parking lot.

Very few lingering birds on the North Shore.  There are oodles of mountain
ash berries so there should be more winter migrants later.  I saw a flock
of probable Bohemian Waxwings flying over Beaver Bay.  Also a few siskins
and robins at Gooseberry.  One Cape May Warbler at Split Rock Lighhouse.
A very few juncos and tree sparrows.  One Fox Sparrow and one
White-throated Sparrow in my yard.

Jan Green