[mou] Entire Message

Lleb4923@aol.com Lleb4923@aol.com
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:31:53 EDT

-------------------------------1125538313

Sorry, I didn't get the whole message on my previous post. It is as follows
in its entirety:

Hi,

 My name is Michael Gitlin. I'm a filmmaker and birder in New York City.
 My film, "The Birdpeople," will be showing on Wednesday, September 7th
 at 7:00 p.m., at the Bell Auditorium, as part of the Science on Screen
 series, co-presented by the Bell Museum of Natural History and
 Minnesota Film Arts.

 I'm trying to spread the word about this screening to the birding and
 ornithology community in and around Minneapolis/St. Paul. Please feel
 free to forward this information to anyone who you think might be
 interested in the film, or to post on your website, or forward to a
 bird-related list-serve.

 Thanks in advance,

 Michael Gitlin

 About "The Birdpeople," directed by Michael Gitlin

 16mm film, 61 minutes, 2004

 A loosely-knit community of birdwatchers in New York's Central Park;
 ornithologists with their specimen collections at a dozen different
 natural history museums; bird banders gingerly extracting birds from mist
 nets and collecting data in upstate New York; six people searching for a
 nearly extinct bird in a Louisiana bayou: these are the strands that
 are woven together by The Birdpeople as it documents a passionate
 fixation.

 Part cultural history, part self-reflexive anthropology, by turns
 humorous and elegiac, The Birdpeople examines the pleasures and problems of
 looking and naming, and investigates the social construction of nature,
 centered on ornithology and its amateur counterpart, bird watching.

 The film, which was completed in 2004, six months before the
 re-discovery of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker was announced, takes as its
partial
 subject the story of the bird's disappearance and the obsession that has
 compelled so many to keep searching for it.

 Screening at:

 The Bell Auditorium
 In the Bell Museum of Natural History
 10 Church Street at 17th and University Ave. S.E.
 Minneapolis, MN
 Wednesday, September 7th at 7:00 p.m.
 $2 suggested donation

 for more information:

 www.flatsurfacefilms.com
 _http://www.mnfilmarts.org/bell/calendar.php_
(http://www.mnfilmarts.org/bell/calendar.php)
 _http://www.bellmuseum.org/scipop_calendar.html_
(http://www.bellmuseum.org/scipop_calendar.html)

Elizabeth  Bell
5868 Pioneer Road South
St. Paul Park MN 55071-1143
651  459-4150
lleb4923@aol.com

-------------------------------1125538313

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Sorry, I didn't get the whole message on my previous post. It is as fol=
lows=20
in its entirety:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><PRE><TT>Hi,

My name is Michael Gitlin. I'm a filmmaker and birder in New York City.=20
My film, "The Birdpeople," will be showing on Wednesday, September 7th=20
at 7:00 p.m., at the Bell Auditorium, as part of the Science on Screen=20
series, co-presented by the Bell Museum of Natural History and=20
Minnesota Film Arts.=20

I'm trying to spread the word about this screening to the birding and=20
ornithology community in and around Minneapolis/St. Paul. Please feel=20
free to forward this information to anyone who you think might be=20
interested in the film, or to post on your website, or forward to a=20
bird-related list-serve.

Thanks in advance,

Michael Gitlin

About "The Birdpeople," directed by Michael Gitlin

16mm film, 61 minutes, 2004

A loosely-knit community of birdwatchers in New York's Central Park;=20
ornithologists with their specimen collections at a dozen different=20
natural history museums; bird banders gingerly extracting birds from mist=20
nets and collecting data in upstate New York; six people searching for a=20
nearly extinct bird in a Louisiana bayou: these are the strands that=20
are woven together by The Birdpeople as it documents a passionate=20
fixation.

Part cultural history, part self-reflexive anthropology, by turns=20
humorous and elegiac, The Birdpeople examines the pleasures and problems of=20
looking and naming, and investigates the social construction of nature,=20
centered on ornithology and its amateur counterpart, bird watching.

The film, which was completed in 2004, six months before the=20
re-discovery of the Ivory-billed Woodpecker was announced, takes as its part=
ial=20
subject the story of the bird's disappearance and the obsession that has=20
compelled so many to keep searching for it.

Screening at:

The Bell Auditorium
In the Bell Museum of Natural History
10 Church Street at 17th and University Ave. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN
Wednesday, September 7th at 7:00 p.m.
$2 suggested donation

for more information:

www.flatsurfacefilms.com
<A href=3D"http://www.mnfilmarts.org/bell/calendar.php" target=3D_blank>http=
://www.mnfilmarts.org/bell/calendar.php</A>
<A href=3D"http://www.bellmuseum.org/scipop_calendar.html" target=3D_blank>h=
ttp://www.bellmuseum.org/scipop_calendar.html</A>
</TT></PRE><!-- toctype =3D X-unknown --><!-- toctype =3D text --><!-- text=20=
--><!-- END TOC -->
<FORM name=3DshowLetter2=20
action=3D/ym/ShowLetter?Idx=3D0&amp;Search=3D&amp;YY=3D71175&amp;order=3Dup&=
amp;sort=3Ddate&amp;pos=3D0&amp;view=3Da&amp;head=3Db=20
method=3Dpost>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FORM></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" PTSIZE=3D"10"=
>Elizabeth=20
Bell<BR>5868 Pioneer Road South<BR>St. Paul Park MN 55071-1143<BR>651=20
459-4150<BR>lleb4923@aol.com</FONT></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>