[mou] Jirik sod farms, etc. - Dakota Co.

James Mattsson mattjim@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:23:42 -0500

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

9/7/05 - 3:00pm

I checked the Jirik sod farms today for the first time in over a week to see what effect the recent rains had on shorebirds habitat. Standing water is present in many areas, but only areas with vegetation had any shorebirds. The best viewing was from 200 St.
Species present:

American Pipit - 1
American Golden-plover - 12
Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 3 (around wooden pallets)
Baird's Sandpiper - 2
Pectoral Sp - Several
Least Sp - a few
Semipalmated Plover - 1
Killdeer - many

Also, 140th and 180th wetlands held several:

American Wigeon
N. Shovelor
Green-winged Teal - 1
Blue-winged Teal

Alas, still no "frigates".

Cheers
Jim
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: x-small; FONT-FAMILY: MS Sans Serif"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>9/7/05 - 3:00pm</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I checked the Jirik sod farms today for the first time in over a week to see what effect the recent rains had on shorebirds habitat. Standing water is present in many areas, but only areas with vegetation had any shorebirds. The best viewing was from 200 St. </DIV>
<DIV>Species present:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>American Pipit - 1</DIV>
<DIV>American Golden-plover - 12</DIV>
<DIV>Buff-breasted Sandpiper - 3 (around wooden pallets)</DIV>
<DIV>Baird's Sandpiper - 2</DIV>
<DIV>Pectoral Sp - Several</DIV>
<DIV>Least Sp - a few</DIV>
<DIV>Semipalmated Plover - 1</DIV>
<DIV>Killdeer - many</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also, 140th and 180th wetlands held several:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>American Wigeon </DIV>
<DIV>N. Shovelor </DIV>
<DIV>Green-winged Teal - 1</DIV>