[mou] MRVAC - Brown County - Field Trip Report - September 12, 2005

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 22:27:10 EDT

-------------------------------1126578430

September 12, 2005

Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter
Brown County
Field Trip Report
3 - participants
83 species observed

Spent the better part of the day birding in Brown County with some members
of the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter.  We encountered rain  off and on
for most of our time spent there, but were still able to observe a  nice
number of birds including refinding some of the shorebirds that  Brian Smith
reported on the 11th.

We started and ended our trip to Brown county along Shag  Road.  Here are
some of the other locations that we  visited.  Somsen WMA, School Lake, Lake
Hanska County Park,  Sleepy Eye Sewage ponds & Sportsman's Park in the town of
Sleepy Eye.

Here are some of the species we observed:
Eared Grebe - One bird in basic plumage, at the Sleepy Eye Sewage  ponds.
Osprey - Single bird observed along Hwy 4 at the Cottonwood River.
Black-bellied Plover - Single bird still present at the Sleepy Eye Sewage
ponds.
Greater Yellowlegs - Single bird at the Sleepy Eye Sewage ponds.
Buff-breasted Sandpiper - at least 4 birds were still present at the Sleepy
Eye Sewage
                                      Ponds.
Red-necked Phalarope - 4 birds were still present at the Sleepy Eye Sewage
Ponds.
Red-headed Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker and Yellow-bellied Sapsuckers
were observed in several locations West of New Ulm.
Philadelphia Vireo - A single bird was observed at Sportsman's Park.
Warblers - We observed a few small waves of Warblers that included,
Tennessee, Nashville, Chestnut-sided, Black-and-white and Wilson's.

Craig Mandel  - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1126578430

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2><FONT id=3Drole_document face=3DArial=20=
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>
<DIV>September 12, 2005</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter</DIV>
<DIV>Brown County </DIV>
<DIV>Field Trip Report</DIV>
<DIV>3 - participants</DIV>
<DIV>83 species observed</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Spent the better part of the day birding in Brown County with some memb=
ers=20
of the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter.&nbsp;&nbsp;We encountered rai=
n=20
off and on for most of our time spent there, but were still able to observe=20=
a=20
nice number of birds including refinding some of the shorebirds that=20
Brian&nbsp;Smith reported on the 11th.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>We started and ended our trip to Brown county along&nbsp;Shag=20
Road.&nbsp;&nbsp;Here are some of the other locations that we=20
visited.&nbsp;&nbsp;Somsen WMA, School Lake, Lake Hanska&nbsp;County Park,=20
Sleepy Eye Sewage ponds &amp; Sportsman's Park in the town of Sleepy Eye.</D=

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Here are some of the species we observed:</DIV>
<DIV>Eared Grebe - One bird in basic plumage,&nbsp;at the Sleepy Eye Sewage=20
ponds.</DIV>
<DIV>Osprey - Single bird observed along Hwy 4 at the Cottonwood River.</DIV=

<DIV>Black-bellied Plover - Single bird still present at the Sleepy Eye Sewa=
ge=20
ponds.</DIV>
<DIV>Greater Yellowlegs - Single bird at the Sleepy Eye Sewage ponds.</DIV>
<DIV>Buff-breasted Sandpiper - at least 4 birds were still present at the Sl=
eepy=20
Eye Sewage</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
&nbsp;Ponds.</DIV>
<DIV>Red-necked Phalarope - 4 birds were still present at the Sleepy Eye Sew=
age=20
Ponds.</DIV>
<DIV>Red-headed Woodpecker, Red-bellied Woodpecker and Yellow-bellied Sapsuc=
kers=20
were observed in several locations West of New Ulm.</DIV>
<DIV>Philadelphia Vireo - A single bird was observed at Sportsman's Park.</D=

<DIV>Warblers - We observed a few small waves of Warblers that included,=20
Tennessee, Nashville, Chestnut-sided, Black-and-white and Wilson's.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 PTSIZE=3D"10" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"=
- EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN </FONT></DIV></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTM=