[mou] Ferruginous Hawk & Sabine's Gull

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Sat, 17 Sep 2005 20:58:27 -0500

Early this afternoon, 17 Sept, my MBW group found an imm Ferruginous
Hawk in W Yellow Medicine Co and a juv Sabine's Gull at Salt L in Lac
Qui Parle Co. The Ferruginous Hawk circled for several minutes over
Yellow Medicine Co Rd 15 just S of MN Hwy 68, and it was lost from
sight as it gradually seemed to be heading SE. And then late this
afternoon a lone Sabine's Gull was seen as it foraged with Franklin's
Gulls over the NE part of Salt L. (Also of note at Salt L were both
godwit species, and our day's shorebird total in the 2 counties was 18
species.)

Kim Eckert