[mou] Yellow-billed Cuckoo - Cook Co.

Jim Lind jslind@frontiernet.net
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:26:51 -0500

Sharon and I birded the North Shore from Two Harbors to Tofte today
and found a few interesting things.  Sharon found a Yellow-billed
Cuckoo at Taconite Harbor, which gave us both great views before
disappearing into the brush along the new road just west of the main
entrance.  We also saw a Vesper Sparrow and our first Horned Larks of
the fall here.

There were three Cackling Geese in a flock of ~40 Canadas at the
Beaver Bay sewage ponds, as well as two American Golden-Plovers.  We
saw 16 warbler species at Iona's Beach SNA including a Connecticut.

Jim Lind
Two Harbors