[mou] Lesser Black-backed Gull---Black Dog

Drewbec@aol.com Drewbec@aol.com
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 23:05:33 EDT

This morning on the way to work, between 8:10 and 8:25am, I stopped to enjoy
the spectacle of a 1000+ American White Pelicans, perhaps an addition 1000
Double-crested Cormorants, and hundreds of gulls at Black Dog Lake in Burnsville.
A quick scan with my scope from the observation deck, and there was a 2nd
winter Lesser Black-backed Gull among the multitudes. Perhaps the same bird
that's been seen off and on since Spring?

I was able to share the observation with George Greer (sp?), a visiting
birder from Eugene, Oregon.

Drew Smith
Eagan, Dakota County