[mou] Plegadis Ibis, Dakota County

Conny Brunell connybrunell@earthlink.net
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 12:50:02 -0500

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

This morning at 11:05am-11:25 I observed a Juvenile Plegadis Ibis at the 180th St Marsh in Vermillion, Dakota County.
This is East of US Hwy 52 on 180th St; and was .4 mile from Fischer Ave in the first wetland on the North side of the road.  The
only other bird there was a Great Egret, so I was very surprised to see the Ibis foraging around feeding out from the edges
of the Marsh.  The sun was behind us, and in observing the bird in the scope, the facial features were drab and brown and there were no distinguishing features.  It was pretty exciting for me and my friend Jan from Portland to be able to observe this bird
leisurely walk around the shallow wetland feeding and preening!

Conny Brunell
Richfield, Hennepin Cty.
connybrunell@earthlink.net
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2722" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>This morning at 11:05am-11:25 I observed a&nbsp;Juvenile Plegadis Ibis at the 180th St Marsh in Vermillion, Dakota County.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>This is East of US Hwy 52 on 180th St; and was .4 mile&nbsp;from Fischer Ave&nbsp;in the first wetland on the North side of the road.&nbsp; The</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>only other bird there was a Great Egret, so I was very surprised to see the Ibis foraging around feeding out from the edges&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>of the Marsh.&nbsp; The sun was behind us, and in&nbsp;observing the bird in the scope, the facial features were drab and brown&nbsp;and there were no distinguishing features.&nbsp; It was pretty exciting for me and my friend Jan from Portland to be able to observe this bird&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>leisurely walk around the shallow&nbsp;wetland feeding and preening!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Conny Brunell</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2>Richfield, Hennepin Cty.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="MS Sans Serif" size=2><A href="mailto:connybrunell@earthlink.net">connybrunell@earthlink.net</A></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8--