[mou] possible fragatebird north of Ely

Jim Lind jlind@nrri.umn.edu
Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:22:25 -0500

I received a second-hand report of a possible juvenile frigatebird seen on Big Lake
south of the Echo Trail (CR 116).  The bird was seen flying around the southeast
portion of Big Lake on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week (but not
Thursday).  The bird was seen only in flight; never perched.

Big Lake is about a half hour northwest of Ely on the Echo Trail, and the southeast
portion of the lake is 2-3 miles from the boat landing, with no road access.  I will be sure
to pass the word along if the bird is refound and the identification confirmed.

Jim Lind