[mou] Twin Cities Mississippi River IBA Dedication

MARTELL, Mark MMARTELL@audubon.org
Tue, 27 Sep 2005 17:27:43 -0400

>  =20
> Please join John Flicker, President of the National Audubon Society =
and Mark Peterson, Executive Director of Audubon Minnesota as they =
announce the designation of 36,000 acres of the Mississippi River =
Corridor from the Broadway Avenue Bridge in Minneapolis to Lock and Dam =
2 in Hastings, Minnesota as our newest and largest Audubon Important =
Bird Area.
>=20
> When:         Wednesday, October 12
>                              11 a.m.-12 Noon Open House
> 	         12-1 pm     Press Conference
> Where:      Harriet Island-St Paul
>            Wigington Pavilion
>=20
> Minnesota Congresswoman Betty McCollum, National Park Service =
Superintendent JoAnn Kyral and other representatives of local, state and =
federal government and partner non-profit organizations will also be on =
hand.
>=20
> It is the largest in Minnesota and includes the Mississippi River and =
the adjacent floodplain forest running from the Metro Area to Hastings.  =
The designation is in a large segment of the Mississippi National River =
and
> Recreation Area.  As part of the Mississippi River flyway corridor =
this IBA is an important migratory corridor for waterfowl, waterbirds =
and also nesting eagles, ospreys, peregrine falcons, and heron colonies.