[mou] GHO, Bald Eagle, etc

J Schulz jaxi_schulz@yahoo.com
Sun, 9 Apr 2006 15:13:18 -0700 (PDT)

--0-313001758-1144620798=:81860

Went to check out the GHO nest near hwy 5 and 694 - there are two babies in the nest and they must be getting really close to fledging.  Got some really nice views of the little ones.  Couldn't find the parents anywhere.  Also saw a flicker in the same area.

  Headed over to Keller Park where one of the Bald Eagles was sitting on the nest.  Saw the other one flying to the North but it didn't come back to the nest.  Red Wing black birds where in the area, saw several.

  Then headed over to the Red Tailed Hawk nest near Cty Rd B2 and Snelling and received our best treat yet.  The parents were just getting ready to swap nest duties - the male (by size) flew in and landed on a tree near the nest.  The female (by size) left the nest and flew around overhead for a bit, then went and landed next to the male, jumped on his back (litterally) and then took off again, giving us some spectacular views, before she took off hunting somewhere out of sight.  The male left the tree he was sitting in did a little aerial display soaring around for a minute or two and then landed on the nest and settled in.  There was also a pair of wood ducks on the little pond next to the nesting site.

  Good Birding!

  Jackie

  PS - To the very nice man who let me look through his binocs to see the Snowy this winter and talked about binocs with me and recommended the Nikon Monarch 8x42 as both excellent in general and really good for if you have glasses (I do) - THANK YOU - I love them, they are the only pair I've ever had where I have been able to use them while still wearing my glasses!  I just recently got them and this was my first expedition using them - I couldn't be more pleased.

Jaxi the Scuba Diva :-)

--0-313001758-1144620798=:81860

		<hr size=1>Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman2/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39663/*http://voice.yahoo.com"> PC-to-Phone Calls</a> using Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.
--0-313001758-1144620798=:81860--