[mou] id help thanks

Jeff & Amy Drake jadrake@arvig.net
Sun, 09 Apr 2006 20:59:33 -0500

Thank you to all who so gently corrected me on my erroneous nighthawk
ID.  I had seen a woodcock earlier in the week.  I found my daughter's
MN Birds CD and listened again to the nighthawk.  I just came in from
listening outside and not only did I hear my bird, but also saw it in
action.  Definitely the woodcock.  It does sound quite similar but a
lower note (and all the odd noises as it comes back to it's perch -
thought it was another bird the first night).

So, thank you again.  I do hope I didn't ruffle too many feathers out
there.

Amy Drake