[mou] LBH and GHO in Dakota

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:31:35 EDT

--part1_1f5.1e2a793e.31700117_boundary

The Little Blue Heron was still present this morning at 11:00.   He was on
the north side of the pond, in front of the grassy area, so I was able to get
really nice looks.   I ran into other birders who saw him there after I'd left.
At 180th St. Marsh I finally trained my scope on the RT Hawk nest to see if
it was occupied.   I was pleasantly surprised with a Great Horned Owl sitting
on the nest.   As you come down 180th St. past the Fischer intersection, about
halfway down the hill is a farm path running off to the left.   If you park
your vehicle there and look to the hillside with the trees, the nest is visible
to the naked eye.

No luck with Eared Grebes.   180th was otherwise slow, as was Lake Byllesby -
American White Pelicans, 2 Cackling Geese dwarfed by their cousins, 3
Forster's Terns, ducks, no shore birds.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin County

--part1_1f5.1e2a793e.31700117_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">The Little Blue Heron was still present=
 this morning at 11:00.&nbsp;  He was on the north side of the pond, in fron=
t of the grassy area, so I was able to get really nice looks.&nbsp;  I ran i=
nto other birders who saw him there after I'd left.<BR>
At 180th St. Marsh I finally trained my scope on the RT Hawk nest to see if=20=
it was occupied.&nbsp;  I was pleasantly surprised with a Great Horned Owl s=
itting on the nest.&nbsp;  As you come down 180th St. past the Fischer inter=
section, about halfway down the hill is a farm path running off to the left.=
&nbsp;  If you park your vehicle there and look to the hillside with the tre=
es, the nest is visible to the naked eye.<BR>
<BR>
No luck with Eared Grebes.&nbsp;  180th was otherwise slow, as was Lake Byll=
esby - American White Pelicans, 2 Cackling Geese dwarfed by their cousins, 3=
 Forster's Terns, ducks, no shore birds.<BR>
<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin County</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANS=
SERIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_1f5.1e2a793e.31700117_boundary--