[mou] First Todd Co. Record-GWF Goose

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Sat, 15 Apr 2006 19:50:57 -0500

Earlier this spring, I noticed a decent movement of Greater White-fronted
Geese in Minnesota and thought this would be the year for them to finally
show up in Todd County. Up until now there has been no record. I thought my
chance to find some was over this spring because it seemed the peak
migration had passed. I got a call this evening from my grandpa, telling me
that two had showed up at the Browerville Sewage Ponds. I headed over there,
and sure enough, there were two GWF Geese present. I got excellent views,
and they were still present when I left at 7:00 this evening. The ponds are
located just south of the cemetery on the SE part of town. These ponds
continue to amaze me.

Ben Fritchman
Long Prairie, MN(for the weekend, then back to Fargo)