[mou] Snowy and Cattle Egret, Nicollet County

rdunlap@gac.edu rdunlap@gac.edu
Sat, 22 Apr 2006 11:54:26 -0500

This morning while leading a Gustavus Birding Club trip to Swan Lake, my group
and I found a Cattle Egret at the Nicollet sewage ponds. The bird was in the
air as we arrived, then proceeded to land at the top of a tree to the west of
the ponds.

I later received a call from Denny and Barb Martin saying that they had found a
Snowy Egret at the south access to Swan Lake. We arrived about ten minutes
later and found the bird foraging in the stream outlet to the north of the
parking area. To get there, go west on Hwy. 14 past the town of Nicollet. Go
past the turn for the Conservation Club. Your next right will be a dirt road
that leads to a parking area by the outlet stream.

Bob Dunlap, Nicollet County