[mou] More birding excitement!

Dave Bartkey screechowl@charter.net
Tue, 25 Apr 2006 20:15:24 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00EA_01C668A4.FC7FD880

Hi everyone!
  My mission this evening after work was to finally locate my =
first-of-year blue-gray gnatcatcher. My daughter and I headed to birding =
hotbed, River Bend Nature Center, for this task. Shortly after getting =
out of my car, we were greeted with a mixed flock of ruby-crowned =
kinglets, yellow-rumped warblers, and a couple of chickadees. We stopped =
and watched the flock feeding and moving around for awhile. Patience =
paid off as I found a black & white warbler! We both had great looks and =
left before the bird did. We walked along the pond looking for a F.O.Y. =
palm warbler, and instead, I found a gorgeous male pine warbler! He even =
sang for us a little! He was flycatching quite a bit, and he even drew =
close enough to my daughter and I for fantastic looks WITHOUT =
binoculars! Once again, we left before the bird did. I'm still looking =
for the gnatcatcher, and palm warbler for that matter, but absolutely no =
complaints here!

Good birding!

Dave Bartkey
Faribault,MN
screechowl@charter.net
------=_NextPart_000_00EA_01C668A4.FC7FD880

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi everyone!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp; My mission this evening after =
work was to=20
finally locate my first-of-year blue-gray gnatcatcher. My daughter and I =
headed=20
to birding hotbed, River Bend Nature Center, for this task. Shortly =
after=20
getting out of my car, we were greeted with a mixed flock of =
ruby-crowned=20
kinglets, yellow-rumped warblers, and a couple of chickadees. We stopped =
and=20
watched the flock feeding and moving around for awhile. Patience paid =
off as I=20
found a black &amp; white warbler! We both had great looks and left =
before the=20
bird did. We walked along the pond looking for a F.O.Y. palm warbler, =
and=20
instead, I found a gorgeous male pine warbler! He even sang for us a =
little! He=20
was flycatching quite a bit, and he even drew close enough to my =
daughter and I=20
for fantastic looks WITHOUT binoculars! Once again, we left before the =
bird did.=20
I'm still looking for the gnatcatcher, and palm warbler for that matter, =
but=20
absolutely no complaints here!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Good birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dave Bartkey</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Faribault,MN</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:screechowl@charter.net">screechowl@charter.net</A>=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00EA_01C668A4.FC7FD880--