[mou] Slaty-backed Gull found dead

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:39:00 -0500 (CDT)

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone collects the bird for the Bell Museum.  If anyone hears
that the bird has been or will be collected, could you please let me know
who has collected it or will be collecting it?  The reason is that I would
very much like the lice from the bird for possible DNA studies.  The lice,
if still present (and it's likely that they have left the body), should be
placed in 95% ethanol or 70% isopropyl (rubbing alcohol) if the ethanol
isn't available.

The lice can be sent to me at the address below via UPS ground shipping
since alcohol is a flammable liquid.  I will reimburse for shipping.

Thanks in advance for any efforts made!

Pat Beauzay

Patrick Beauzay
Department of Entomology