[mou] Dakota Cnty Birding

Dan Deutsch deut0039@umn.edu
Tue, 15 Aug 2006 21:21:55 -0500

Jen Vieth and I went down to Spring Lake Park to check to see if any
thing was around tonight and we were able to spot a Prothonotary and
Wilson's warbler mixed in with some other warblers we were unsure of.
They were located at the archery location at the end of the trail that
brings you to the water. We also stopped by 140th marsh and saw the baby
Sora again and some Pectoral Sandpipers.

Also of note, but a little late, is a spot of a Least Bittern at
Murphy-Hanrehan on the 6th at the same location as the Common Moorhen.
We were able to see the Common Moorhen and Black-crowned Night-heron on
that same day.

Dan Deutsch