[mou] No Wilson's Plover today

Dedrick Benz benzdedrick@hotmail.com
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 05:14:32 +0000

John Hockema and circumscribed approximately 80% of Lake Mille Lacs today,
but the only plovers we found were Semipalmateds.  We were impressed with
the numbers of migrants present all along the western shore of Lake Mille
Lacs, and I believe we ended up with 13 or 14 species of warbler.

Other highlights:

1 Buff-breasted Sandpiper, St Alban's Bay - Crow Wing County - it was along
the shore near the docks, cavorting with one Baird's and one Least
Sandpiper.
Red-headed Woodpecker - private residence along north shore of Lake Mille
Lacs in Aitkin County.

Dedrick Benz
Winona, MN