[mou] Three-toed Woodpeckers in Aitkin Coutny

Warren wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sat, 02 Dec 2006 17:45:22 -0600

This morning I birded north of Aitkin and found 2  male AMERICAN
THREE-TOED WOODPECKERS. From the Mississippi River bridge on the north
side of town, go north on County Road 1 for 11.6 miles.  They are
working tamarack trees on the west side of the road.  I also found a
male and a female BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER. From the junction of County
Road 1 and County Road 3, continue on C.R. 3 west for just over 5 miles.
There is extensive workings on the south side of the road.
Warren Nelson