[mou] injured Sand Hill Crane

Steve Weston sweston2@comcast.net
Sun, 3 Dec 2006 14:56:53 -0600

I have reports of a Sand Hill Crane north of Floodwood that appears not to
be able to fly.  the bird still appears to be nimble afoot and probably not
approachable.   If it is approachable, and catchable, is there any rehab
facility for it?  And, is there any iron clad bird catcher that would be
able to apprehend it?

Also reported from just east of Floodwood during hunting were seven
"Three-toed Woodpeckers".  The hunter was not adverse to revising his ID to
Black-backed.  The birds were described as common in their range, which I
don't know fits the Three-toed.  Also, old field guides lumped both as
Three-toed.

sweston2@comcast.net