[mou] Sharp-tailed grous in SW MN?

mncbc@rohair.com mncbc@rohair.com
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 12:21:57 -0500 (EST)

In the past couple months I've heard from three individuals regarding
Sharp-tailed Grouse sightings in Southwest Minnesota. Two reports come
from the Canby area (Yellow Medicine County) and another North of Belview
(Renville County) area near the Minnesota River valley.

All were from hunters, one of whom had a bird in the hand. All were
certain they were not pheasants, and seemed to have the knowledge to know
the difference.

I am aware of the Greater Prairie-Chicken releases in the Lac qui Parle
area, but these individuals I spoke with were not. They also did not seem
to know the differences between Sharp-tailed and Prarire-Chicken.

Just throwing this info out to those who might venture this way.