[mou] Whimsical Anti-Record

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Tue, 5 Dec 2006 11:21:03 -0600

Set a new personal record this morning - or perhaps an anti-record:

One species identified during a birding hike (7:50 to 8:40 AM).  Previous
low was four, set on a few occasions (although a six spot in two hours along
the Cleveland downtown lakeshore years ago also sticks in my memory).

Walked Mahnomen Trail, Sherburne Refuge - twice heard fly over A.
Goldfinches - and nothing else.  There was a possible Great Horned in the
distance, but the audio sample was too small to exclude other "hooters".

Imagine - no chickadees, no woodpeckers, no other finches, not a crow,
winter sparrow, nuthatch - nada.

Hopefully such "luck" is completely out of my system.  And that it's not a
sign of winter birding in the area.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN