[mou] Aitkin

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Sun, 24 Dec 2006 08:55:24 -0600

Nathan & I ventured to Aitkin County, primarily along the Hedbom Logging
Road.  Highlights included:

* Two Great Gray Owls (one 14 miles south of McGregor on 65, near Highway
marker 103 - the other on the logging road)

* Three American Three-toed Woodpeckers, one Black-backed (thanks, Kim
Risen, for taking us into the areas they've been stripping - lot of woods
there!)

* One small flock of White-winged Crossbills, few flocks of Pine Grosbeaks,
numerous Common Redpolls, single flock of Pine Siskins; single Gray Jay, few
GC Kinglets & Ravens.

What an excellent area!  We are looking forward to returning throughout the
year.

Al & Nathan Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties