[mou] Itasca County Bohemian Waxwings

shawn conrad dingermcduff@hotmail.com
Sat, 30 Dec 2006 20:27:09 -0600

Since Bovey is surrounded by mine dumps, I hardly ever bird within walking
distance of my home--at least in the winter.  However, today I decided to
take a birding walk around my neighborhood and was not disappointed.

I found a flock of 56 Bohemian Waxwings in a silver maple on my block and
just a few minutes later added a new species, 3 Pine Grosbeaks, to my yard
list.  Soon after, I found a couple of Common Redpolls on the edge of town
and a Northern Shrike behind the Coleraine football field.

Shawn Conrad
Bovey