[mou] Sax-Zim and Duluth (WWScoter and Hawk Owl)

cherifox@charter.net cherifox@charter.net
Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:56:17 -0800

Hi,

We headed North today and had a couple of highlights:
In Duluth at Shore Drive and 23 Ave. E. in the Lake we saw a pair of White-winged Scoters (also a pair of Red-breasted Mergansers and a pair of Greater (?) Scaups.

On McDavitt road we refound the Black-backed Woodpeckers we also saw a single Hawk Owl on McDavitt - about 2 miles North of Sax road.

Other highlights include:
Northern Shrikes (2), Peregrine Falcon, many Common Goldeneyes, many Rough -legged Hawks, Common Redpolls (3), Bald Eagles (2), many Pine Siskins, and Red-breasted Nuthatches (4).

It was a very nice day of birding.

Cheri Fox