[mou] Aitkin birding-2/20

Milton Blomberg MJBFLWRMT@MSN.COM
Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:46:59 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C63667.2D1E2700

Of note:  E CrowWing County: Snowy Owl E of Hwy 6 out of Ironton on =
CR11, a north field, mottled, prominent bib, tried to relocate by going =
north on SpruceBog Rd, after the road turns back to the East, an =
Immature Golden Eagle on a lone White Pine north side, harrassed by four =
crows, much flight and returning to the tree, eventually flew southward. =
  Aitkin County:  Northern Shrike at the Tee intersection of CR5/CR18; =
Three Rough-Legged Hawks w/in .5mi of each other, a beautiful dark =
morph, two light morphs--along CR 10(Great RiverRd) N of intersection =
with CR 18, where pavement begins (if eastbound).  Sure thought I'd see =
something along CR36 along Big Sandy...only a lone Raven (saw several =
today)(I was hunting for Northern Hawk Owl-no luck). Also, saw three =
Bald Eagles (one immature). Pine Grosbeaks, a few Horned Larks. Capped =
off the day with Great Horned Owl astride a tamarack top at dusk CR2 =
westbound (mile east of the fire tower hill). Anecdotal--a wonderful day =
starting three of my children on their own lifer list. mjb
------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C63667.2D1E2700

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<STYLE></STYLE>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2802" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-LEFT: 10px; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; =
COLOR: #000000; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: none; PADDING-TOP: 15px; FONT-STYLE: =
normal; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: none; =
BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: none; TEXT-DECORATION: none; BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: =
none"=20
leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 acc_role=3D"text" CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area"><!--[gte IE 5]><?xml:namespace =
prefix=3D"v" /><?xml:namespace prefix=3D"o" /><![endif]-->
<DIV>Of note:&nbsp; E CrowWing County:&nbsp;Snowy Owl E of Hwy 6 out of =
Ironton=20
on CR11, a north field, mottled, prominent bib, tried to relocate by =
going north=20
on SpruceBog Rd, after the road turns back to the East, an Immature =
Golden Eagle=20
on a lone White Pine north side, harrassed by four crows, much flight =
and=20
returning to the tree, eventually flew southward.&nbsp;&nbsp; Aitkin=20
County:&nbsp; Northern Shrike at the Tee intersection of CR5/CR18; Three =

Rough-Legged Hawks w/in .5mi of each other, a beautiful dark morph, two =
light=20
morphs--along CR 10(Great RiverRd) N of intersection with CR 18, where =
pavement=20
begins (if eastbound).&nbsp; Sure thought I'd see something along CR36 =
along Big=20
Sandy...only a lone Raven (saw several today)(I was hunting for Northern =
Hawk=20
Owl-no luck). Also, saw three Bald Eagles (one immature).&nbsp;Pine =
Grosbeaks, a=20
few Horned Larks. Capped off the day with Great Horned Owl astride a =
tamarack=20
top at dusk CR2 westbound&nbsp;(mile east of the fire tower hill). =
Anecdotal--a=20
wonderful day starting three of my children on their own lifer=20
list.&nbsp;mjb</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C63667.2D1E2700--