[mou] Today and tomorrow

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 00:54:46 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C638DC.E7EC6E30

Today I stood up for a friend name Leo Lantz who was banned from the =
MOU-Net listserv for an honest mistake he made.  Leo since been added =
back on the listserv and Leo credited me for doing so.  The MOU =
president Mark Alt called me this morning and ask that I step down as =
the MOU field trip position because I threaten to quit if Leo did not =
get apology and put back on the listserv. I know that was immature of me =
in doing so but I did not want to be part of an organization that =
refuses to forgive people over simple mistakes such as the one Leo =
committed.  Leo nor should anyone be place on a moderator's list because =
the poster accidentally sent a non bird topic to the listserv.=20

I refused to quit and Mark gave me two options 1. go thru a transition =
and step down quietly or 2) be immediately released.  I told Mark " I am =
not quitting". So Mark Alt told me he is going to approach the MOU board =
an advise them to remove me from my position. A few minutes ago Mark Alt =
told me tonight he has basically removed me from my position and as =
president he can do so - I guess.

So I am not the MOU field trip chairman anymore.  Remember 3 or 4 years =
ago all the MOU trips I created and how happy everyone was with these =
trips?  All this was taken away from me because I stood up for a friend. =
 Some say I am to emotional or to quick with my anger.  Maybe they are =
right about that. I defend my friends, I am not afraid to speak out on =
matters that mean a lot to me such as the logging going on in Sax Zim =
Bog.  I am not afraid to speak out when others are spinning the truth.  =
I call a spade a spade when I see one!  That is who I am.  I got some =
emails today encouraging me to hang in there and some agreeing with me.  =
I got an email from Rick Hoyme telling me to "grow up".  Maybe so but =
not defending a friend who made an honest mistake and standing by doing =
nothing is more grown up?  Should I act childish and rant and rave to =
everyone about all the logging going on in Sax Zim Bog or should act =
mature or " grown up" and hush up about what is going up there?

What now?

The Lake Superior Pelagic Trips belong to me and I will continue to run =
these trips.  Mark Alt during our phone conversation agree that if I get =
removed from the board these trips are mind to run and to organized. All =
other trips are up in the air and I think Al Shirmacher is going to =
replace me.  Al is a great guy and should do a great job for the MOU and =
I ask that you all support him if he is asked by Mark Alt to take that =
position. Mark was already talking to Al about field trips after he =
phoned me and notified my future with the MOU.

 Me?  Going to do what some of my critics have been telling me -- " =
disappear" or " go away" and that is what I am going to do.

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C638DC.E7EC6E30

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Today I stood up for a friend =
name Leo=20
Lantz who was banned from the MOU-Net listserv for an honest mistake he=20
made.&nbsp; Leo since been added back on the listserv and Leo credited =
me for=20
doing so.&nbsp; The MOU president Mark Alt called me this morning and =
ask that I=20
step down as the MOU field trip position because I threaten to quit if =
Leo did=20
not get apology and put back on the listserv. I know that was immature =
of me in=20
doing so but I did not want to be part of an organization that refuses =
to=20
forgive people over simple mistakes such as the one Leo committed.&nbsp; =

Leo&nbsp;nor should anyone be place on a moderator's list because the=20
poster&nbsp;accidentally sent a non bird topic to the=20
listserv.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I refused to quit and Mark =
gave me two=20
options 1. go thru a transition and step down quietly or 2) be =
immediately=20
released.&nbsp; I told Mark " I am not quitting". So Mark Alt&nbsp;told =
me he is=20
going to&nbsp;approach the MOU board an advise them to remove me from my =

position. A few minutes ago Mark Alt told me tonight he=20
has&nbsp;basically&nbsp;removed me from my position and =
as&nbsp;president he can=20
do so - I guess.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>So I am not the MOU =
field&nbsp;trip=20
chairman anymore.&nbsp; Remember 3 or 4 years ago all the MOU trips I =
created=20
and how happy everyone was with these trips?&nbsp; All this was taken =
away from=20
me because I stood up for a friend.&nbsp;&nbsp;Some say I am to =
emotional or to=20
quick with my anger.&nbsp; Maybe&nbsp;they are right&nbsp;about that. I =
defend=20
my friends, I am not afraid to speak out on&nbsp;matters that mean a lot =
to me=20
such as the logging going on in Sax Zim Bog.&nbsp; I am not afraid to =
speak out=20
when others are spinning the truth.&nbsp; I call a spade a spade when I =
see=20
one!&nbsp; That is who&nbsp;I am.&nbsp; I got some emails today =
encouraging me=20
to hang in there and some agreeing with me.&nbsp; I got an email from =
Rick Hoyme=20
telling me to "grow up".&nbsp; Maybe so but&nbsp;not defending a friend=20
who&nbsp;made an honest mistake and standing by doing nothing is more =
grown=20
up?&nbsp;&nbsp;Should I act childish and rant and rave&nbsp;to everyone =
about=20
all the logging going on in Sax Zim Bog or should act mature or " grown =
up" and=20
hush up about what is going up there?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>What now?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The Lake Superior Pelagic=20
Trips&nbsp;belong to me and I will continue to&nbsp;run these =
trips.&nbsp; Mark=20
Alt during&nbsp;our phone conversation agree that if I get removed from =
the=20
board these trips&nbsp;are mind to run and to organized.&nbsp;All other =
trips=20
are up in the air and I think Al Shirmacher is going to replace =
me.&nbsp; Al is=20
a great guy and should do a great job for the MOU and I ask that you all =
support=20
him&nbsp;if he is asked by Mark Alt to take that position. Mark was =
already=20
talking to Al about field trips after he phoned me and notified my =
future with=20
the MOU.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>&nbsp;Me?&nbsp; Going to do =
what some of=20
my critics have been telling me -- " disappear" or " go away" and that =
is what I=20
am going to do.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C638DC.E7EC6E30--