[mou] Today and tomorrow

jbaumann@usfamily.net jbaumann@usfamily.net
Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:30:34 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C6391C.9510C6D0

I think BOTH of you are behaving rather childishly.  If Mark is =
threatened by Mike's threat, you are no different than two boys on a =
playground - one blustering and one bullying - all because they can.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Mike Hendrickson=20
  To: MOU-Net=20
  Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 12:54 AM
  Subject: [mou] Today and tomorrow

  Today I stood up for a friend name Leo Lantz who was banned from the =
MOU-Net listserv for an honest mistake he made.  Leo since been added =
back on the listserv and Leo credited me for doing so.  The MOU =
president Mark Alt called me this morning and ask that I step down as =
the MOU field trip position because I threaten to quit if Leo did not =
get apology and put back on the listserv. I know that was immature of me =
in doing so but I did not want to be part of an organization that =
refuses to forgive people over simple mistakes such as the one Leo =
committed.  Leo nor should anyone be place on a moderator's list because =
the poster accidentally sent a non bird topic to the listserv.=20

  I refused to quit and Mark gave me two options 1. go thru a transition =
and step down quietly or 2) be immediately released.  I told Mark " I am =
not quitting". So Mark Alt told me he is going to approach the MOU board =
an advise them to remove me from my position. A few minutes ago Mark Alt =
told me tonight he has basically removed me from my position and as =
president he can do so - I guess.

  So I am not the MOU field trip chairman anymore.  Remember 3 or 4 =
years ago all the MOU trips I created and how happy everyone was with =
these trips?  All this was taken away from me because I stood up for a =
friend.  Some say I am to emotional or to quick with my anger.  Maybe =
they are right about that. I defend my friends, I am not afraid to speak =
out on matters that mean a lot to me such as the logging going on in Sax =
Zim Bog.  I am not afraid to speak out when others are spinning the =
truth.  I call a spade a spade when I see one!  That is who I am.  I got =
some emails today encouraging me to hang in there and some agreeing with =
me.  I got an email from Rick Hoyme telling me to "grow up".  Maybe so =
but not defending a friend who made an honest mistake and standing by =
doing nothing is more grown up?  Should I act childish and rant and rave =
to everyone about all the logging going on in Sax Zim Bog or should act =
mature or " grown up" and hush up about what is going up there?

  What now?

  The Lake Superior Pelagic Trips belong to me and I will continue to =
run these trips.  Mark Alt during our phone conversation agree that if I =
get removed from the board these trips are mind to run and to organized. =
All other trips are up in the air and I think Al Shirmacher is going to =
replace me.  Al is a great guy and should do a great job for the MOU and =
I ask that you all support him if he is asked by Mark Alt to take that =
position. Mark was already talking to Al about field trips after he =
phoned me and notified my future with the MOU.

   Me?  Going to do what some of my critics have been telling me -- " =
disappear" or " go away" and that is what I am going to do.

  Michael Hendrickson
  Duluth, Minnesota
  Minnesota Birding Treks
  http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C6391C.9510C6D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>I think BOTH&nbsp;of you are behaving rather childishly.&nbsp; If =
Mark is=20
threatened by Mike's threat, you are no different than two boys on a =
playground=20
- one blustering and one bullying - all because <STRONG>they =
can</STRONG>.</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
  <DIV=20
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=3Dsmithville4@charter.net =
href=3D"mailto:smithville4@charter.net">Mike=20
  Hendrickson</A> </DIV>
title=3Dmou-net@cbs.umn.edu=20
  href=3D"mailto:mou-net@cbs.umn.edu">MOU-Net</A> </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Friday, February 24, 2006 =
12:54=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> [mou] Today and =
tomorrow</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Today I stood up for a =
friend name Leo=20
  Lantz who was banned from the MOU-Net listserv for an honest mistake =
he=20
  made.&nbsp; Leo since been added back on the listserv and Leo credited =
me for=20
  doing so.&nbsp; The MOU president Mark Alt called me this morning and =
ask that=20
  I step down as the MOU field trip position because I threaten to quit =
if Leo=20
  did not get apology and put back on the listserv. I know that was =
immature of=20
  me in doing so but I did not want to be part of an organization that =
refuses=20
  to forgive people over simple mistakes such as the one Leo =
committed.&nbsp;=20
  Leo&nbsp;nor should anyone be place on a moderator's list because the=20
  poster&nbsp;accidentally sent a non bird topic to the=20
  listserv.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I refused to quit and Mark =
gave me two=20
  options 1. go thru a transition and step down quietly or 2) be =
immediately=20
  released.&nbsp; I told Mark " I am not quitting". So Mark =
Alt&nbsp;told me he=20
  is going to&nbsp;approach the MOU board an advise them to remove me =
from my=20
  position. A few minutes ago Mark Alt told me tonight he=20
  has&nbsp;basically&nbsp;removed me from my position and =
as&nbsp;president he=20
  can do so - I guess.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>So I am not the MOU =
field&nbsp;trip=20
  chairman anymore.&nbsp; Remember 3 or 4 years ago all the MOU trips I =
created=20
  and how happy everyone was with these trips?&nbsp; All this was taken =
away=20
  from me because I stood up for a friend.&nbsp;&nbsp;Some say I am to =
emotional=20
  or to quick with my anger.&nbsp; Maybe&nbsp;they are right&nbsp;about =
that. I=20
  defend my friends, I am not afraid to speak out on&nbsp;matters that =
mean a=20
  lot to me such as the logging going on in Sax Zim Bog.&nbsp; I am not =
afraid=20
  to speak out when others are spinning the truth.&nbsp; I call a spade =
a spade=20
  when I see one!&nbsp; That is who&nbsp;I am.&nbsp; I got some emails =
today=20
  encouraging me to hang in there and some agreeing with me.&nbsp; I got =
an=20
  email from Rick Hoyme telling me to "grow up".&nbsp; Maybe so =
but&nbsp;not=20
  defending a friend who&nbsp;made an honest mistake and standing by =
doing=20
  nothing is more grown up?&nbsp;&nbsp;Should I act childish and rant =
and=20
  rave&nbsp;to everyone about all the logging going on in Sax Zim Bog or =
should=20
  act mature or " grown up" and hush up about what is going up=20
  there?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>What now?</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The Lake Superior Pelagic=20
  Trips&nbsp;belong to me and I will continue to&nbsp;run these =
trips.&nbsp;=20
  Mark Alt during&nbsp;our phone conversation agree that if I get =
removed from=20
  the board these trips&nbsp;are mind to run and to organized.&nbsp;All =
other=20
  trips are up in the air and I think Al Shirmacher is going to replace=20
  me.&nbsp; Al is a great guy and should do a great job for the MOU and =
I ask=20
  that you all support him&nbsp;if he is asked by Mark Alt to take that=20
  position. Mark was already talking to Al about field trips after he =
phoned me=20
  and notified my future with the MOU.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>&nbsp;Me?&nbsp; Going to do =
what some=20
  of my critics have been telling me -- " disappear" or " go away" and =
that is=20
  what I am going to do.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
  Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

</center></p>

------=_NextPart_000_0004_01C6391C.9510C6D0--