[mou] [mnbird] Clay County Snowy Owl Refound

Matt Mecklenburg mattmecklenburg@hotmail.com
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:54:13 -0500

Hi,

I refound the Snowy Owl posted by Pat Beauzay last evening at around 5:15.
It was perched on top of a snag (the only tree anywhere) right along MN HWY
9 at 57th ave., on the east side of the road (57th and 9 make a "T"). This
location is 8 miles south of where Pat saw it. Or, about 4 miles north of
the intersection of U.S. 10 and MN 9.

Other birds of note:

150-200 snow buntings about 1 mile south of the Owl
Golden Eagle perched on a wind row south of CR 108 (just south of the felton
complex)

The Owl was still perched on the same snag when I drove past on my way home
at 6:00.

Matt Mecklenburg
Moorhead, MN