[mou] MSP Snowy Owl

John Kaplan jck@wans.net
Sun, 08 Jan 2006 02:40:23 -0600

I didn't see anyone with a camera out during the aerial show, and I
didn't check out the other bird as closely as I should have.  I did note
that it appeared uniformly dark, but while flying I could see stripes
under the tail.  The breast may have been dark too.  I don't recall
noting a contrast.  The bird had a slender look and was about the size
of a peregrine, but that's a rough guess.

I'd better correct my original note:
The towers are radio towers, not ratio towers.
When the hawk few away, it was the owl, not the hawk, that flew to the
north-most light pole.
The show happened a little after noon... maybe from about 12:15 to 12:45.