[mou] Breeding Bird Survey Birders Needed

Lisa Gelvin-Innvaer lisa.gelvin-innvaer@dnr.state.mn.us
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 08:49:15 -0600

FYI
Lisa Gelvin-Innvaer

-----Original Message-----
From: Partners In Flight Implementation Committee
[mailto:PIFMSC-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU] On Behalf Of Terry Rich
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 10:21 AM
To: PIFMSC-L@LISTSERV.UARK.EDU=20
Subject: Continue to Recruit for BBS

Breeding Bird Survey Birders Needed

We need you to run BBS routes and to recruit new observers.  As
explained in High Priority Needs for Range-wide Monitoring of North
American Landbirds and as repeatedly stated by BBS staff, the single
most important thing we can all do to get better data on long-term
population trends for many species is to ensure that all BBS routes are
run by qualified observers every year.  The BBS is not a difficult
methodology and it only requires one morning per year.  Many of us like
to take an additional morning to scout the route a day or two ahead of
time to make sure bridges are still in place and that we can identify
everything that's singing.  BBS brochures and training CDs are available
from me or Keith Pardieck at BBS. To see the status of routes in your
state, visit http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbs/results/routemaps/index.cfm.

Please share.

Terrell D. Rich
Partners in Flight National Coordinator
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
1387 S. Vinnell Way
Boise, ID 83709 USA
208-378-5347
208-378-5262 fax
terry_rich@fws.gov=20
SEE=20
http://www.pwrc.usgs.gov/bbs/results/routemaps/minnesota.cfm?StateNumber=3D=
50=20

For locations of BBS routes (including still "vacant" routes for 2006) in =
MN