[mou] Aitkin Co owls and more

Cindy Risen cbutler@lcp2.net
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:38:08 -0600

Visiting birders to eastern Aitkin County:

The N. Hawk Owl I found yesterday is still there. Kestrel Ave or CR 31
about 3 miles north of Tamarack. The Snowy Owl 1/2 mile south of Tamarack,
Kestrel Ave or CR 16 is visible again after a short absence, it was seen
both yesterday and today. Pine Grosbeaks, C. Redpolls, Pine Siskins,
Evening Grosbeaks, Goldfinch, Purple Finch are still at my feeder and along
the road north of Tamarack. Rough-legged Hawk, N. Shrike, Gray Jay and
Sharp-tailed Grouse were all seen in the Tamarack area yesterday and today.
Last week we found a pair of Great Horned Owls west of McGregor along Hwy
210. Good winter birding in eastern Aitkin County.
Have fun.

Cindy Risen
Tamarack, Aitkin County, Minnesota
www.naturescapenews.com