[mou] MSP Snowy Owls

Melissa Babich mbabich@mail.mnzoo.state.mn.us
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:00:16 -0600

Last night I spent about a half hour watching a female snowy owl on the =
fence between the first and second tunnels out at the airport on Cargo =
Road, just past the glycol bldg. When she flew off, she only went about a =
hundred feet and was still there when I left, it had been about an hour. =
In addition, a snowy owl flew in and landed out near the runway. This all =
took place from about 4:45 on, very cool, they are still there! A few days =
ago there was a snowy sitting on the fence right at the entrance to the =
second tunnel, many birders were looking straight up at her and she didn't =
move for a long time.
Melissa