[mou] Sherburne Field Trip 5/20/06

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Thu, 26 Jan 2006 11:23:00 -0600

MOU has added a field trip this year to Sherburne National Wildllife Refuge.
Details follow:

Sherburne NWR Field Trip

* When:  Saturday May 20th, 7:00-12:00 (with optional afternoon component)

* Where:  Weather permitting, we will cover the Wildlife Drive, Blue Hill &
Mahnomen Trail areas in the morning from 7:00 to 12:00.  Bring your walking
shoes!  If there is interest, we will cover some of the lesser known
Sherburne spots in the afternoon, as well as the local settling ponds (we do
have city permission to bring a group in).

* What is possible?  80-100 species, including migrating/nesting warblers,
grassland sparrow species, shorebirds and who knows?  Over the last couple
of years spring & summer vagrants have included a Chat, Hooded Warbler,
Henslow's Sparrows, Least Tern and Little Blue Heron.  Regular nesters
include Lark & Vesper Sparrows, Golden-winged and Mourning Warblers,
Trumpeter Swans, Upland Sandpipers (not an easy find), Bald Eagles and BB
Cuckoos.

* How register?  Email me directly at pastoral@princetonfreechurch.net.
Trip is limited to 20 participants.

* Directions:  Take 169 to Sherburne CR 9, follow CR 9 west to Mahnomen
Trail (8-10 minute drive).  We will meet in the parking lot and carpool.

Good birding to all!

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties