[mou] Prothonotary, Hooded Warbs on Wednesday

Jesse Ellis jme29@cornell.edu
Sat, 3 Jun 2006 22:05:32 -0500

Hi all-

My dad and I birded Wednesday morning.

At 7 am, the Prothonotary at the visitor center in Fort Snelling
State park was singing full blast and offered good looks.

Then we went to Murphy-Hanrehan to look for more local birds.

We managed to find Cerulean Warbler at three different sites,
including hearing a singing bird at the road over the Credit River.
The Hooded Warblers were on territory near trail intersection 2.  We
missed Acadian Flycatchers here.  There are loons on the lake.
Between the Prothonotary and the Hoodeds we managed 8 breeding
warblers for the day, not bad for southern MN.

At the Pet Trails the highlights were a singing Blue-winged Warbler,
a nesting (?) Green Heron and both singing Willow and Alder
Flycatchers.  I presume the Alder was a migrant.  Also had a BIG
female Cooper's Hawk flying over.

Jesse
--
Jesse Ellis, Ph. D. candidate
Neurobiology and Behavior

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or
that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only
unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American
public." --Theodore Roosevelt

  "The Inuit language for 10,000 years never had a word for robin, and
now there are robins all over their villages."
--John McCain, on global warming