[mou] WEKI, BOGY, Dakota Co.

James Mattsson mattjim@earthlink.net
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:40:04 -0500

------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

Ok, I know everyone hates alpha codes...but I couldn't resist. While golfing with Laura tonight at Southern Hills Golf Course (one mile north of Farmington on Hi 3), I hit a stellar 7 iron to the green on hole #11, a par 3. A Westen Kingbird (WEKI) immediately descended on the ball but, realizing it was not edible, flew up to a small spruce tree.  As we approached the green, the WEKI flew out into adjacent fence row and continued to aerial feed. I then proceeded to 3-putt for a BOGY.

Green fees are quite reasonable if you want to look for this bird. Twilight rates (cheapest) begin at 3:00pm. It is dead center in the middle of the otherwise inaccessible section.

Of minor interest...at this same hole in previous years, I have recorded Swainson's Hawk, Orchard Oriole, Brewer's Blackbird, Baird's Sandpiper, Upland Sandpiper (vocal only), and yes, my one and only hole in one!! This is the ONLY reason I continue to prusue this draconian game.

Jim
Eagan, Dakota County
------=_NextPart_84815C5ABAF209EF376268C8

<HTML style="FONT-SIZE: small; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1251">
<META content="MSHTML 6.00.2900.2873" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<P>
<DIV>Ok, I know everyone hates alpha codes...but I couldn't resist. While golfing with Laura tonight at Southern Hills Golf Course (one mile north of Farmington on Hi 3), I hit a stellar 7 iron to the green on hole #11, a par 3. A Westen Kingbird (WEKI) immediately descended on the ball but, realizing it was not edible, flew up to a small spruce tree.&nbsp; As we approached the green, the WEKI flew out into adjacent fence row and continued to aerial feed. I then proceeded to 3-putt for a BOGY. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Green fees are quite reasonable if you want to look for this bird. Twilight rates (cheapest) begin at 3:00pm. It is dead center in the middle of the otherwise inaccessible section. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Of minor interest...at this same hole in previous years, I have recorded Swainson's Hawk, Orchard Oriole, Brewer's Blackbird, Baird's Sandpiper, Upland Sandpiper (vocal only), and yes, my one and only hole in one!! This is the ONLY reason I continue to prusue this draconian game.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim</DIV>
<DIV>Eagan, Dakota County</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>