[mou] General Mills Nature Preserve Shorebirds (Hennepin)

alyssa tiger150@comcast.net
Wed, 7 Jun 2006 20:44:31 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C68A73.2D9A0AE0

I birded along the mudflat/pond in the General Mills Nature Preserve in =
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co. from 7:30-8:15. Of course, the most abundant =
shorebird was the KILLDEER (including a baby, very cute!) However, there =
were also 4-5 SPOTTED SANDPIPERS throughout the mudflat. I also found a =
single SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, I don't know why it was all alone. On the =
west side of the mudflat, there was a pair of (lesbian?) female HOODED =
MERGANSERS. There were also two families of Mallards. There was a pair =
of GREAT EGRETS (perhaps nesting.) Watching over all the commotion was a =
RED-TAILED HAWK, which I never saw leave his perch. I saw a pair of =
CEDAR WAXWINGS, and heard a WARBLING VIREO (and maybe a Red-eyed Vireo, =
too.) If anyone wants directions, please e-mail me. Good birding!

Alyssa DeRubeis
Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.
------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C68A73.2D9A0AE0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I birded along the mudflat/pond in the =
General=20
Mills Nature Preserve in Golden Valley, Hennepin Co.&nbsp;from =
7:30-8:15. Of=20
course, the most abundant shorebird was the KILLDEER (including a baby, =
very=20
cute!) However, there were also 4-5 SPOTTED SANDPIPERS throughout the =
mudflat. I=20
also found a single&nbsp;SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER, I don't know why it was =
all=20
alone. On the west side of the mudflat, there was a pair of (lesbian?)=20
female&nbsp;HOODED MERGANSERS. There were also two families of Mallards. =
There=20
was a pair of GREAT EGRETS (perhaps nesting.) Watching over all the =
commotion=20
was a RED-TAILED HAWK, which I never saw leave his perch. I saw a pair =
of CEDAR=20
WAXWINGS, and heard a WARBLING VIREO (and maybe a Red-eyed Vireo, too.) =
If=20
anyone wants directions, please e-mail me. Good birding!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alyssa DeRubeis</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Golden Valley, Hennepin=20
Co.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C68A73.2D9A0AE0--