[mou] Fw: St. Paul Hooded & Mourning Warblers

David A. Cahlander david@cahlander.com
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:21:06 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C68E44.96F3FAD0

From: Julian Sellers=20
To: MOU-NET=20
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:25 PM
Subject: St. Paul Hooded & Mourning Warblers

This morning I heard one Mourning and two Hooded Warblers singing in =
Battle Creek Park in southeastern St. Paul.  They were in the woods =
bounded by Upper Afton Road, Winthrop Street, Lower Afton Road, and =
Battle Creek Road.  The Mourning was southwest of the center of the =
hilltop forest.  One Hooded was in the northern part of that forest, and =
the other was in the woods on the southern slope, north of where Londin =
Lane and Burlington Road meet Lower Afton Road.  Easiest access to these =
woods is from the recreation center parking lot off of Winthrop street.

I have heard and seen Mourning Warblers here on several occasions during =
the nesting season in recent years, and I heard a presumed migrant =
Hooded Warbler in a different part of the park on 5/28/01.

Julian
St. Paul
------=_NextPart_000_0024_01C68E44.96F3FAD0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title=3DJulianSellers@msn.com=20
href=3D"mailto:JulianSellers@msn.com">Julian Sellers</A> </DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=3Dmou-net@cbs.umn.edu=20
href=3D"mailto:mou-net@cbs.umn.edu">MOU-NET</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Saturday, June 10, 2006 12:25 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> St. Paul Hooded &amp; Mourning Warblers</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>This morning I heard one Mourning and two Hooded Warblers singing =
in Battle=20
Creek Park in southeastern St. Paul.&nbsp; They were in the woods =
bounded by=20
Upper Afton Road, Winthrop Street, Lower Afton Road, and Battle Creek=20
Road.&nbsp; The Mourning was southwest of the center of the hilltop=20
forest.&nbsp; One Hooded was in the northern part of that forest, and =
the other=20
was in the woods on the southern slope, north of where Londin Lane and=20
Burlington Road meet Lower Afton Road.&nbsp; Easiest access =
to&nbsp;these=20
woods&nbsp;is from the recreation center parking lot off =
of&nbsp;Winthrop=20
street.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have heard and seen&nbsp;Mourning Warblers here on several =
occasions=20
during the nesting season in recent years, and I heard a presumed=20
migrant&nbsp;Hooded Warbler in a different part of the park on =
5/28/01.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Julian</DIV>
<DIV>St. Paul</DIV></BODY></HTML>